A newly proposed law, Bill-276 (read text here), aims to protect trans rights. It died in the house this past Spring (2011) after being introduced by Bill Siksay but has found a new advocate in Hedy Fry. The Bill is formally titled: “An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code (gender identity and gender expression)”. LegalEase will follow its progress as it makes its way up to the Senate. Much moral support offered.
Welcome to LegalEase: where we broadcast the law broadly. Le collectif LegalEase est un group des etudiants et etudiantes en droit de la communaute montrealaise. Tune in live every second Friday of every month from 11h00-12h00 on CKUT 90.3 FM in Montreal or check us out here, at https://legaleaseckut.wordpress.com
- Aboriginal Law canada Canadian legal history Civil Law civil liberties Common Law Constitutional Law Criminal Law Family Law Gender Human Rights International Law jail justice Labour law Language Rights law Law and Literature Law and Society legalease Legal Theory Ontario Superior Court Podcasts Prisons Public Legal Education Quebec racial discrimination Rule of Law Social Justice Uncategorized
- Latest edition of Legalease: archives.ckut.ca/64/20131011.11… @LillianBoctor @lyssclutterbuck. Thanks to G and L for in-studio warm vibes 1 year ago
- Great Law Event in Toronto, Canada! LOOKING FORWARD, LOOKING BACK: 40 YEARS OF RESISTANCE #legal #lawunion #topoli… wp.me/pIMMm-fo 2 years ago
- LegalEase - CKUT 90.3 Montreal - Episode 40 (Dec 2012) - Race, Gender, Social Context and the Judiciary wp.me/pIMMm-fh 2 years ago
- Copyright Law - Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma wp.me/pIMMm-eO 2 years ago
- (In) Famous Cases: The Trial of Sholom Schwartzbard wp.me/pIMMm-ez 2 years ago