Welcome to LegalEase: where we broadcast the law broadly. Le collectif LegalEase est un group des etudiants et etudiantes en droit de la communaute montrealaise. Tune in live every second Friday of every month from 11h00-12h00 on CKUT 90.3 FM in Montreal or check us out here, at http://legaleaseckut.wordpress.com
- Aboriginal Law canada Canadian legal history Civil Law civil liberties Common Law Constitutional Law Criminal Law Family Law Gender Human Rights International Law jail justice Labour law Language Rights law Law and Literature Law and Society legalease Legal Theory Ontario Superior Court Podcasts Prisons Public Legal Education Quebec racial discrimination Rule of Law Social Justice Uncategorized
- Latest edition of Legalease: archives.ckut.ca/64/20131011.11… @LillianBoctor @lyssclutterbuck. Thanks to G and L for in-studio warm vibes 11 months ago
- Great Law Event in Toronto, Canada! LOOKING FORWARD, LOOKING BACK: 40 YEARS OF RESISTANCE #legal #lawunion #topoli… wp.me/pIMMm-fo 1 year ago
- LegalEase - CKUT 90.3 Montreal - Episode 40 (Dec 2012) - Race, Gender, Social Context and the Judiciary wp.me/pIMMm-fh 1 year ago
- Copyright Law - Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma wp.me/pIMMm-eO 1 year ago
- (In) Famous Cases: The Trial of Sholom Schwartzbard wp.me/pIMMm-ez 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Great documentary on Foreclosures in Florida. It discusses some complex issues, like “title insurance”.
“It’s a Steal (Documentary)
We started off the segment with Joe Koebel. He sells foreclosed homes in Florida. There have been a lot of those on the market in the wake of the US mortgage crisis. And a lot of the people doing the buying have been Canadians … who buy more property in Florida than any other group of foreigners.
But now, there are allegations that many of the foreclosed homes may have been seized through a system that is unfair … and perhaps even corrupt. The Current’s Howard Goldenthal headed down to Florida last year to look into those allegations and to find out how they are affecting Canadians. Here’s his documentary, It’s a Steal – which first aired on The Current in November.”